Kelly Ripa, Sarah Michelle Gellar pay tribute to late soap star John Callahan

Kelly Ripa and Sarah Michelle Gellar led the online tributes over the weekend to late “All My Children” actor John Callahan, who died Saturday at the age of 66.

Taking to Instagram on Saturday, Ripa — who portrayed Hayley Vaughan on the daytime series from 1990 to 2002 — expressed her sympathies to Callahan’s family, including his ex-wife Eva LaRue and the couple’s daughter Kaya.

Because there are no words, all i can muster is Rest In Peace #johncallahan My heart breaks for you @evalarue and @kaya_callahan,” Ripa, 49, captioned the post.

Callahan and LaRue, 53, tied the knot in 1996 and welcomed daughter Kaya in 2001. The pair also played couple Edmund Grey and Maria Santos on “All My Children.” They split in 2005.

“May Flights of Angels Wing You to Your Rest my Dear Friend. Your bigger than life, gregarious personality will leave a hole in our hearts forever. We are devastated-My great friend, co parent partner, and loving father to Kaya,” La Rue wrote on Instagram. “Kaya and I are beyond broken hearted, so stunned, sorry that my thoughts are a mess. You gave the best most beautifully written tributes, and I am at a complete loss for words right now for you.”



View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Sarah Michelle (@sarahmgellar) on

Fellow “All My Children” alum Gellar, 42, who played Kendall Hart from 1993 to 1995, also penned a heartfelt tribute, writing, “I want the world to know how much you meant to so many people.”

“He stepped into a lot of moments in my life because I didn’t have a father to be there. Johns greatest joy in his life, was when he had a daughter of his own @kaya_callahan,” Gellar posted Saturday. “John left us this morning. I promise you GP just as you were there for me, I will always be there for smoosh (Kaya) and @evalarue as well.”

Callahan died Saturday after suffering a stroke Friday at his home in Palm Springs, Calif., according to Variety. Callahan also appeared on “Days of Our Lives,” “Santa Barbara,” and “Falcon Crest.”

The post Kelly Ripa, Sarah Michelle Gellar pay tribute to late soap star John Callahan appeared first on The Lastes US & World News - Opinion, Entertainments, Sports,....



source https://usagag.com/kelly-ripa-sarah-michelle-gellar-pay-tribute-to-late-soap-star-john-callahan/

Nhận xét