Mets’ Pete Alonso ‘will not remain silent’ after death of George Floyd

Pete Alonso plans to use his platform.

Joining an ever-growing chorus of athletes decrying the killing of George Floyd, the 25-year-old Mets first baseman and reigning NL Rookie of the Year posted a statement to Instagram, in which he calls for justice and vows to fight for those who face racial discrimination.

Instagram

“For the past couple of days, I’ve struggled to wrap my mind around what’s happening,” Alonso wrote. “I have a voice and I will not remain silent. My heart has been broken over the murder of George Floyd. I will never know what it feels like to be discriminated against because (of) the color of my skin. To anyone who faces this type of discrimination, I will fight for you and be an ally. I will always stand with you. There needs to be justice and change made for the better of humanity. Let words be our sword and unity be our armor. Take care of each other. – 20.”

The post Mets’ Pete Alonso ‘will not remain silent’ after death of George Floyd appeared first on The Lastes US & World News - Opinion, Entertainments, Sports,....



source https://usagag.com/mets-pete-alonso-will-not-remain-silent-after-death-of-george-floyd/

Nhận xét